Tuesday, March 17, 2009

And so we begin

Well ladies, here we go! We are all set up; hopefully everyone got the invitation to be co-authors of our book club blog. If you have any questions, you can always email me at laurachabre@hotmail.com Now all we have to do is figure out what book we are going to read. Any great picks you've heard of? A friend recommended that I read Outlander, by Diana Gabaldon. Has anyone read this, or heard any reviews? We should probably also figure out who is going to be in charge of organizing discussion questions, and also how often we should read and post. Maybe we can take turns. (Whoever picks the book can come up with the questions?) How do we feel about reading a book a month? I don't know what your schedules are like; we can always play it by ear. I am so excited! What a great way to keep in touch with you all! Love ya. Kiss kiss, Laura

2 comments:

Jenni said...

Sounds good to me...a book a month and the person choosing comes up with questions. We should make sure to label each of our posts with what book we're talking about. Laura, do you want to make a schedule of who picks when? Outlander looks really interesting to me. After reading the synopsis, I think it's a book that a friend recommended to me a while ago.

Laura said...

Ok then. For now, let's assume we are reading OUTLANDER. If anyone is opposed to this, let us know. I will post it as our book for April and I will come up with, or find, the discussion questions. I can come up with a schedule for us, and Jen, I am placing you in charge of the book for May.