Friday, June 5, 2009

The Forbidden Door

Okay. So now I feel like I have dropped the ball a bit. I have read both The Forbidden Door and Christy, but I didn't post questions on either one. How many of you have read The Forbidden Door? Aunt Kathe suggested having that one be for June instead of May. That's fine with me, I guess. I'm going to be fairly busy with a new baby very soon. (I'm also supposed to read North and South for another book club, and I think that's long).

Anyway, if you've read the book, here are some questions to get you started thinking about it.

  1. What character did you identify with the most? Why?
  2. What do you think is the main point of the book?
  3. Did you like the comparison between our world and the world of the book? How do they compare and do you agree with what it was saying about our world?
  4. How do you think the travel to another world compares to any of the travel in Narnia? Is it as well done as C.S. Lewis' books?
  5. What did you like most/least about the book?

Okay. Those are a few questions. Feel free to write about whichever ones you want.

3 comments:

Kathe Meling said...

Both Robin and I recently read the Forbidden Door. I remembered reading it years ago now and that must have been why I sent it to Jenni. I loved it...like a breath of fresh air.
Aunt Kathe

Kathe Meling said...

Both Robin and I recently read the Forbidden Door. I remembered reading it years ago now and that must have been why I sent it to Jenni. I loved it...like a breath of fresh air.
Aunt Kathe

Cherry said...

I did enjoy it. It seemed more simplistic than The Chronicles of Narnia, but not a big deal. I liked, of course, that the "good" overcomes the bad and enjoyed the characters.

Cherry