Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Cherry

Let Me Be A Woman was good devotional type of book for me while I wasn't attending a Bible Study. Just good reminders to set my mind in good places, to be devoted to God and encourage my husband. Nice to remember why God set things in place as He did. Anybody besides Jenni and Kathe read it?? : )

Madame Bovary -- What can I say? She was a lost and totally narcicistic soul. I guess this is how we end up if we just follow our sensual desires and ignore goodness and mercy and commitment to others. I'm glad this author didn't make her a heroine, that her end matched the pursuits she chose. She seemed to use no will to resist. Such a famous book! They say a lot about what a gifted author wrote it, study it in school, etc.

To go back in time, I loved Inkheart, though it started slow. After the first book I considered not continuing the series, but once I got half-way through it I couldn't put it down and rad them all. I was intrigued with the fire guy (forgot his name) -- wanted him to turn good, since he was a victim too, and struggled between love and goodness and the pull vengeance and power. I liked the various loves and devotion and struggles of characters and good against evil, etc. I also was interested in Fenoglio and the consequences of dabbling with others' lives (through the characters he created). Sort of like the media in feeling free to create (report) stories, but feeling no conscience in how those in the story could be impacted. A different twist I enjoyed.

I also re-read A Wrinkle in Time when Laura did, and enjoyed that very much.

Cherry

No comments: