Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Finished Inkheart

Hello, ladies! I finished Inkheart a few days ago and enjoyed it. Thought it was creative and I got pulled into the characters. I've put the second one in the series on hold at the library and will see if I want to read more. What did the rest of you think??

3 comments:

Cherry said...

Why does Mo keep his ability a secret from Meggie? Why has he never told her the truth about her mother?

Mo is afraid he'll send Meggie into a book (and lose her)like he did her mother; he nows her love for stories and that she'll want to hear his beautiful reading. Unfortunately, the result is that Meggie hasn't been able to hear his beautiful story-reading. It seems so like Satan to destroy a gift by making a bad consequence for sharing the blessing.

Cherry said...

Why does Meggie feel more at home in Mo's van than in their house?

Her happy memories have to do with her adventures going places with Mo. Being at home is not the adventure she longs for so regularly (which also gets her into trouble at times). I also wonder if not having a mom makes her feel displaced in a "home".

Cherry said...

Fire represents many things to many people in this story. What is the meaning of fire to Dustfinger? Basta? Capricorn? Mo? Farid? Elinor?

I was intrigued by the fire issues: it was what made Dustfinger fearsome, it was his identity, gave him power to hurt and to protect as well as for beauty and good. I love fire more because of Dustfinger and grew to appreciate him more and more in the next book. (teaser)

I love Mo's character, and hope you guys get to book 3, which I'm now reading as well! Like which characaters change the most through the 3 books (if we get that far)?

I also was drawn into the whole desire on the characters' parts to be in the Ink World. It's beauty and danger had an appeal. That's developed more in the next book.