I am trying to decide what book to choose for May. I am tempted to choose a book that I received as a gift from Aunt Kathe many years ago called The Forbidden Door by Jeanne K. Norweb. It is a great book, a little similar to the Chronicles of Narnia. However, it's out of print and therefore, it is very hard to get if you don't have it. You can order it used from Amazon marketplace (they have 4 books listed as used for less than $6 currently). Here's the link:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/0891919376/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&qid=1241149498&sr=1-1&condition=used
This is what the back of the book says:
"How could they resist? The small wooden door looked so inviting--how could they know that they would find danger, as well as high adventure, on the other side?
"Laura and David set out to explore a seaside cove near their grandfather's home. Expecting to find only seashells and tide pools, they happen upon a wooden door built into the rocks and discover a new and mystifying world on the other side...a world where the sides of good an devil are clearly drawn."
Like I said, I absolutely love the book, but we might not want to read it since it's so hard to find. Let me know what you guys think.
If you don't like this idea, I am currently finishing a re-reading of Christy by Catherine Marshall, which my mom also wants to re-read. Any interest in that? What do you guys think?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That book sounds lovable. Especially since it's Laura and David. I can imagine that it was the two of us as kids! I'm up for buying it, if that's what we decide on!!
Post a Comment